Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tina Frey's Necklace Is Not in My Dresser

My favorite necklace has six beads and lives at the ICA online store. It will not be coming home with me because it costs $245.00 (non-member) or $220.50 (member). If money was no object. If objects were no money. If no money was red opaque handcrafted resin beads in the shape of a special, very expensive candy whose parents were a jelly bean and a lifesaver.



















Could the grandparents to my fantasy necklace be this vintage acrylic toy for $75? (At that price, six of them would be even more expensive than the ICA candy.) Mine were red, naturally, and called Click Clacks, but as you can see, these are Ka-Nockers. The toy had a dangerous reputation. I heard they were taken off the market because some people used them as weapons. I pictured somebody's head getting clacked and hid mine away from the neighborhood bully named Mackie.


It didn't take me long to find a cousin to my necklace on Etsy. Less high end. More affordable. (Although it's sold out.) This opaque frosted resin bead necklace from Epheriell's shop. Now that's sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment