Thursday, March 4, 2010

my yelp review: Lineage



Lineage
Category: American (New)
Neighborhood: Coolidge Corner
242 Havard St
Brookline, MA 02446
(617) 232-0065

Leslie C.
Shoes are the best revenge
Boston, MA
4 star rating
3/4/2010

Two of us treated a grieving friend to dinner at Lineage, her favorite restaurant, and we all had a nourishing experience in palette and spirit.

The decor (yellow walls) was warm but minimal and barely half full on a Wednesday evening. Starting with the deceptively simple lobster appetizer, which we shared, everything was better than expected. The true test came when we faced down that fourth taco, with those small chunks of juicy mango and large chunks of lobster. It was not easy to split one small taco three ways, but none of us wanted to give up our share. Same thing happened with the entrees: the gnocchi, the mackerel, and the scallops — each better than expected and hard to share. My gnocchi was astoundingly good — not heavy, just sumptuous little pillows of heaven — and there was not the remotest chance of leftovers.

The service was excellent, laid back and friendly and patient when we were not ready to order even after the waiter visited us several times. The peak for me was just before dessert, when I pondered ordering a half glass (because who really needs that third glass of wine) and the waiter came back from the bar and said it was possible. I have no way of knowing if the great service was because my friend was a regular, but for what it's worth, I got the impression there were lots of other regulars too. A good sign, no?

To bring this rave review back down to earth, I will say that I was not impressed with the rolls and do not think they were the brioche rolls others have mentioned. They looked and tasted like plain, white flour dinner rolls, and although I only took one bite, I must admit that my dining partners devoured the rest (so maybe I'm wrong?).

My last reaction is to the prices, which I find a bit high. I am one of those people who prefers to spend discretionary income on clothes (preferably shoes) than food. This was perfect for our occasion, but while I might return once or twice to try some of the appetizers I missed (I'm a sucker for beet salad with goat cheese), I think brunch or during Restaurant Week would be a better value.

3 comments:

  1. hi there fellas. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that singular brand. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are approximately 300 bucks on every site. But completely I set this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy those. what is your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good evening ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that singular brand. The prices seeking the shoes are all over 170 pounds on every page. But definitively I base this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. good afternoon friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging for that exact brand. The prices seeking the boots are about 310 bucks everwhere. But for all I found this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete