Saturday, June 7, 2008

Real Shoe Crush: Tsubo's Lara



Three times (and counting), as if they were puppies in a pet store, I've visited these Tsubos at Nahas Leather at 65 Charles Street (their store at 285 Hanover didn't have them). Each time I try the Laras on, I'm shocked by how comfortable their rubber soles are. Not only are they sexier than anything else I own, the Laras pass my idiosyncratic test: I could definitely ride my bike in them.



So what's stopping me? A) The $110 price, which is feasible but not until I check out all my regular shoe stores to make sure I'm not missing these on sale or something better for less. B) The open-toe manicure issue. How many disapproving looks am I going to get if I don't keep my toes polished up? I rarely do finger- or toenail polish, much less deal with maintenance once I do. C) The tan color is slightly too large in a 39, whereas the black 39 fit perfectly — but do I really need another pair of black shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment