Sunday, July 27, 2008

Log In the Miles First


If I bought a pair of Timberland’s, I would expect to have to break them in. Not so a pair of Wolkys of Holland. A contradiction in terms, yes? Six months of walking to break in the “world’s finest walking shoe”? Normally a vigorous and inveterate returner, this time I was shamed by several previous returns, and the above-and-beyond customer service of the folks at Berk’s in Cambridge. I soldiered through constant pressure in the upper left of the toebox, which felt like an extra layer of leather pressing my toes. I prayed it wasn’t a defect and clung to the promise of legendary comfort from a tried-and-true walking shoe company.

The Wolky Impulse is now my go-to fall/winter ankle boot.

1 comment:

  1. I also purchased a pair of Wolky Impulse boots and am cheered to know it may not just be me. It's taken me a little while to feel comfortable in them but if you can do it...so can I! They are nicely made and I want to be able to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete